Wood is an organic material sensitive to variations of humidity, temperature and sun radiation intensity. When not protected wood is easily dried out, deformed, covered with cracks, grow mouldy and doted. That is exactly why for enlarging the life of wooden structures or their elements it is necessary to take measures on their protection.
Today two ways of wood protection are available:
– forming of a protective layer by means of transparent vanishes not hiding the natural wood texture or affixing thereto the colour of other timber species and other tint undertones;
– colouring by impermeable paints providing a good wood protection and covering stains or old painting.
LLC (SPF) «RECON» introduces the systems of protective coverings based on both organic diluted compounds and water dispersion protection systems. At wood colouring by water-soluble systems it is necessary to account for some differences between such systems and systems based on solvents. In particular, when water is used in the quality of a diluting agent we can get the following advantages:
– fire and explosion safety;
– saving costs for explosion protection devices;
– lack of harmful influence on a wallpaperer’s health;
– lack of irritating smell;
– relatively short time of drying out.
Independently from the protection system type the procedure of painting comprises the following stages:
- protection from biological damages;
- smooth machining;
- basic coating.
The goal of wood treating by fungicide lies in giving to wood the properties to protect it from fungi and insects impact.
– filling pores and formation of the adhesion layer between the basic coat and wooden surface;
– conferring the certain colouration to the original surface.
A distinction is made between natural wood finish and non-transparent texture.
For non-transparent texture finish it is recommended to use white priming (ground coats WD EPAL, WD EPAC, EP LAU) and transparent compounds (ground coats WD EPAL-P, WD EPAC-P, EP LAU –P) are applied for natural wood finish.
In case when you need to deal with beam and bar lengthening and it is not always possible to select the pieces of one and the same colour with a view to priming colouration leveling we recommend to take tints of light-yellow, red-brown, brown or dark brown.
Application of dark brown leveling primer for natural wood finish makes possible to hide such defects as blue stains and preserve natural wood texture.
The goal of stopping consists in elimination of bulk defects.
Smooth machining is aimed at the following objectives:
- to remove the wood’s upstanding fluff;
- to completely square up the surface.
The given section also presents a new product developed by LLC (SPF) «RECON» – the cold hardening compounds based on epoxy resins for repairing wooden sleepers, beams, etc.
– RECAM RND is designed for repairing wooden sleepers screw openings, short shoots and crossing sleepers with the worn screw openings in the quality of a liquid screw plug;
– RECAM RES (injection compound) is designed for filling longitudinal and transverse splits in wooden sleepers, short shoots and crossing sleepers.
We successfully use these compounds since 2014 at implementing repair works on Moscow underground construction sites.